Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chocolate Chip Muffins

My first chocolate chip muffin was from the Muffin Man in the Scholten's strip mall in Quispamsis, long gone. I was in middle school, and the idea that a muffin could have chocolate in it was amazing to me. My mother would take us there after church on Sundays, and we could pick whatever muffin we wanted, whether it would normally pass her 'healthy' rules or not.

I have struggled since then, to find an appropriate chocolate chip muffin recipe. It shouldn't be cakey (because than it's just a cupcake), but really, it shouldn't be too healthy either. I do have a banana chcolate chip muffin recipe from the Shredded Wheat box which is delicious. It's good for office breakfasts because it's almost impossible to ruin, but sometimes, it's just too healthy.

On a whim, I threw chocolate chips insteda of berries into the buttermilk muffin recipe. And it was delicious. The muffin batter is rich enough to complement the chocolate, but still muffin like.

1 comment:

FullKitchen said...

I'm looking for the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin receipe from the Shredded Wheat Cereal box.
Can anyone help me?