Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And I'll Eat my Cake too... Eventually

One week from my birthday, and I am oppressed with cake. There is one piece of birthday cake left. And, we attended a family wedding on Saturday, and came home with more cake. The reception was a dessert buffet, provided by every female family member over 40: chocolate cheesecake, kaisekucken, chocolate cake, carrot cake, nanaimo bars, banana bread, apple pie, chocolate chip cheesecake, 5 kinds of trifle, peanut butter bars, mint cups, etc. etc. There was enough food for triple the number of people present, and the aunts started handing guests plates to bring some home. We ended up with a plate of goodies and 8 pieces of cake. The squares have been munched up, but we have a lot of cake to eat. And really, I'm over the cake. I'm on to yogourt again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love nanaimo bars! You're so lucky...heh heh heh